This cannabinoid was discovered 50 years back but has not been researched extensively. CBC is produced from CBC and does not bind well with the CB1 receptors thus having no or zero psychoactive effects.
Cannabichromene is said to be providing entourage effects and works amazingly when combined with other cannabinoids such as CBD and THC.
This cannabinoid is said to bind with other receptors in our body such as vanilloid receptor 1 (TRPV1) and transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1)
Benefits and Effects of Cannabichromene:
- CBC has shown a positive impact in reducing Edema and inflammation of the intestinal tract.
- It can also fight cancer due to its ability of interaction with the anandamide endocannabinoid in our body. These endocannabinoids have been studied to inhibit the growth of breast-tumour.
- CBC has also been studied in reducing pain and inflammation occurring due to
- collagen-induced osteoarthritis.
- CBC can be considered as a strong inhibitor of acne.
- This cannabinoid has also shown a positive effect on the neural stem progenitor cells (NSPCs) which are important for healthy functioning of the brain.